Saturday, August 11, 2018

Page Three Finished Illustration


Here is the finished illustration for page three.  I used less prismacolor this time and a lot more opaque paints particularly on the water's surface.  I also glazed some light washes on top of the opaques to make it look like it is reflecting the color of the sky.  This painting was an interesting challenge, especially thinking about color theory.  Most of the colors are very neutral except for the blue green in the rabbit's eye.  A lot of the colors had to be created by mixing pigments.  In order to get the right mixture I had to jump across the color wheel and mix colors together since certain pure pigments were not available to me ( phthalo green and green gold ).  It worked out fairly well and I am pleased with the results.  Onto page four!

No comments:

Post a Comment