Friday, August 24, 2018

Page Four Finished Illustration


Here is the finished illustration for page four.  This one had a much more challenging composition since the background was not just flat, open space.  It was important to always be wary when painting the background around the rabbit and never go too dark.  I always paint these illustrations background to foreground.  As I was painting the background, I initially thought I went too dark.  It was not until I started painting with payne's grey on the rabbit that I realized that light fluffy colors cannot compete with the really dark pigments.  Overall it went well, I only wished I painted this a little faster.  So far it seems that one week is the time I need to be satisfied with a finished painting.  I would like to narrow that done to four or five days.  I start page five tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment